Saturday, July 11

Rainy Day Crafts: Pom Poms

I finally have a "down day" and of course it is raining. Grrr. I guess I shouldn't complain too much because it is forcing me to spending some quiet time at home - something that hasn't happened in weeks it seems. Since it is raining & I can't go hiking, I decided to get crafty. I have been super inspired by this & this lately. I have made pom-poms for decorations for years now, but love the idea of incorporating them into home decor. I made some on a small scale for now, to see how I like "living" with them - and boy, they are much much harder to make small rather than big! I am not sure how successful this project is, but I will live with it for a couple of weeks and see how I feel. Thoughts?

The blah boring nightstand - vintage alarm clock I have had since high school (get a reproduction version here), malm dresser from Ikea (painted & with new hardware), and dish for jewelry my sister brought me back from Spain years ago


The "during" phase


And...after. I am very "eh" about the final result.
Maybe it will grow on me?


No comments: