Thursday, July 16

Kitchen tour - Take 3

Hi ladies - since you have both seen my kitchen - nothing new, except Scott's insane need to have the counter tops sparse and the reorganization of all drawers and cabinets. What would we do without IKEA? On the green wall we added the shelves. The bottom shelf is Bjarnum and the other shelves are Grundtal. In the top photo I just got a holder for recipe books. Love it!
When we moved in the counter tops and appliances were already installed (we did not pick them out). HATE the counter tops - Corian - it scratches so easily. Sonchia - I love the sink area in your kitchen. We are looking to add a backsplash (see pics below - either a small tile one or something more stainless steel looking) and getting a new counter top and sink (thinking concrete counter top, definitely an under-mount sink). In my dream kitchen I have a gas stove.
Possible back splashes for kitchen.

New dishes from registry - wow organized!

2 comments:

Sonchia said...

I totally dig the green backsplash option(s). I have no backsplash at the moment as I remain undecided about what I want. We have been completely fine without one though - so, no rush in having to make a decision.

I was totally into the concept of concrete countertops, but they are super heavy. Right now I am loving soapstone.

CathyP said...

I am loving Soapstone as well...v.cool. I think the stainless steel backsplashes look really cool when you do them over your stove, have you seen that?