Thursday, July 30

Question

Alright girls - question. How do you all display family photographs? I can name two photos that hang in our house - one of Justin as a child and another from the night we got engaged at Gates Pass. Beyond that, everything else in the house is a framed print, art, mirror, or an object.

I do have a large bulletin board hanging in the back hallway by the washing machine where I hang everyone's Christmas cards each year. Since I am washing a ton of clothes - it gives me the chance to see all of our friends & family quite often. Beyond that, I have no photographs displayed in any rational way in our condo.


This photo above sort of overwhelms me. Though I love looking at family photos at other people's homes, it sort of creeps me out to have them around my own home. It is like everyone is watching me or something. I know, I am odd. But in all seriousness, how do you all display photos? A collection on a wall? Sitting in frames atop dressers, etc? On top of a piano?

[image: Architectural Digest Visits Senator and Mrs. John McCain]

3 comments:

CathyP said...

Ok...so in an ideal home of mine, I would have a long hallway that goes to the "private spaces" of the home and the walls would be covered with framed family photos (Sue has this, I realllly like it). Basically, I like family photos to be in private spaces only, and I do not like the idea EVER to have like a poster size photo of me or my family over the mantle.

Since I live in a shoebox...I have photos out in the open. My rule is that they all have to be in the same kind of frame. Silver is the choice at the moment.

I bought these great Laquered Frames at "The Barn" last year to put up some of our wedding photos in our bedroom. Never did it. I will do it though..I like the idea of having something sort of intimate (not cheesy) in our bedroom.

CathyP said...

ps. that house... gross

Rebecca said...

I saw the McCain house article. IT is all scary. Family photos...we have them framed in the bedroom only. We are getting some wedding photos touched up, enlarged and framed upstairs. If I ever have a bigger house I will do pics in the hallway too.

Fridge is our big place for photos downstairs.

I am scared of having a bulletin board in fear of turning in to my parents (remember how they have bulletin boards all down the hallways and in the sunroom - fun but INTENSE).

I don't want to overdo it on photos, but also want to see some of my favorite friends and family around.