Saturday, December 5

Help!

Alright - question of the day. When my grandmother passed away last year I received a lot of items from her house. One such item is a spoon case that used to hang in her kitchen with silver spoons she had collected from her travels over the years. I know it may seem "old fashioned," but this case & the spoons remind me of my grandmother & my hope is to "update" this spoon case to hang in our house. I am not sure how this will all end up looking, but thought I would give it a whirl and see what I think upon project completion.

So - here is the question. I plan on spray painting the case (it is not an antique) in a cream color spray paint. While in Boston, I purchased some "fun" papers at Paper Source (love!) with the idea of using the paper in the back of the case (behind the spoons) to provide an updated look & to replace the gross, faded, green velvet currently existing in the case. Below are two of the options. I am leaning towards the blue/brown/cream paper, which I think will provide a nice backdrop for the silver spoons. Justin like the brighter orange/green/pink paper. Your votes will decide - either one will work. What direction should we head - thanks in advance for your help.

The blue/brown/cream paper - my vote



The orange/green/pink paper - Justin's vote


The cream colored spray paint


The spoon case - currently. Dark wood with faded green
velvet background (spoon holder strips removed for painting).

4 comments:

susan + murray said...

sorry ... orange/green/pink (murray)

Rebecca said...

Ahh! Love them both and I think this is great that you are updating it and making it your own, while the concepts and spoons will remind you of your grandmother. I think I am leaning towards the blue/brown/cream.

Sonchia said...

Split vote!

And - thanks for reading the blog - Susan + Murray. You guys are funny.

Kirsten said...

Did you do it? I like the orange/green/pink paper. Post photos on completion please.