Wednesday, January 27

Rock & Roll

As previously mentioned, Justin & I host a live radio show every other week on our local (& only) radio station here in Telluride - KOTO. We have a great time rockin' out, but what I actually find the most interesting is going through the vast collection of music here at the station. Nowadays we use our iPods to spin our tunes, so that gives me ample time while hanging out at the station to pull old records and marvel in their cover designs - or lack thereof. Here are a few favorites I randomly pulled from the collection tonight - in no particular order. Any LP cover favorites in your world?

KOTO Headquarters - the purple house on N. Pine

On the air

Community radio at its finest - where they let even people like us on the air.


Turn it up!

Just a portion of the vinyl selection at the station

Oh Linda Ronstadt - how I love you

So dirty - whipped cream & cherries?

Fringe is my favorite

Devo!

The Bobs? Maybe a cover with bathrobes & breakfast food is why you
may not make it into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.


Because a big bison says "we rock."

Of course I dig this.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love this post and love that you all have a live radio show. Too cute. I miss albums/CDs - having something physical to look at for albums I love. Erin and Andrew both worked at record stores and they have thousands of records. Maybe I can convince her to do a guest post on favorite album covers.

Sonchia said...

That would be great!

Yeah - these are by no means favorites, seriously just random pulls from the collection. I wouldn't even know where to begin on trying to go through them all to pick favorites.

By the way, we take requests! Send me some songs you like & I will do a personal "shout out" to my favorite blogger buddy.

Erin said...

I would LOVE to do a guest post! That's fantastic that you have a good community radio station. Andrew had a show for years in CHicago, and we both really miss it!