Tuesday, January 5

A Collection a Day...

I absolutely love this new blog by Lisa Congdon. She plans on spending the next year, from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010, documenting items she collects. On each of the 365 days this year, she will photograph or draw (and occasionally paint) one collection. Most of the collections are real and exist in her home or studio.

What do you all collect? I am not sure if I collect anything in particular, but I am sure if I really looked, I would have many multiples of things around my house. If you don't collect, what would you like to collect in the future?

4 comments:

CathyP said...

Mercury Glass (as contrived as it is...I love it), Vintage Christmas Ornaments (got 6 great ones in Texas over Xmas)...I have a collection of Limoge boxes. I have no where to put them, but I do like them.

My next "Collection" is goign to be the alphabet...like an "a,b,c" but all different fabrications, sizes, etc. Is that a collection?

Sonchia said...

Ciggity - I thought you were collecting "Ps" for your house. Are you still doing this or are you really moving on to all the letters now?

CathyP said...

Yes..I think I am goign to move on. I have some C's and a K somewhere. I keep seeing these walls with "collections" of letters and I love them! I will look for a photo :)

Rebecca said...

Love these collections and look forward to her pictures. I don't officially collect anything, but have gathered a lot of stamps lately.