Thursday, January 7

Holiday Cards


I kept thinking that I had heard that you could recycle your holiday cards (not the photo ones) and give to a good cause, it is a green thing to do, blah blah...

Well I found a place to mail them....I think it is a really good idea. Kids remake the cards into new cards, sell them, and the proceeds help children at St.Jude's.

http://www.stjudesranch.org/help_card.php

Didn't do the research on a local level yet, but I think I will send them all to St. Jude's this year.

What do you guys do with your old cards? I had been saving them for years...it feels strange to throw out a Christmas Letter or card to me.

This is also a great solution for old boxed cards that you don't know what to do with...



**click the picture to go to Sycamore Street Press, if you haven't noticed I am a BIG fan right now**

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

This is a great idea! Right now I save each year and tie a ribbon around each years worth of Xmas cards and save one of our cards to remember what I did that year. But I am sure my minimalist husband will require a old Xmas card purge at some point...

Sonchia said...

I get so few "actual cards" anymore. Everything I get is a photo card - which I love. I put every photo up on a bulletin board by our washer/dryer so I can have happy thoughts while sorting the laundry.

This is a GREAT idea though. Thanks for the tip. Really awesome.