Monday, January 18

Heart. Love. Swoon.

I feel as though I am just recovering from the holiday craziness & now everywhere I look we are already getting bombarded with Valentines Day stuff. Seriously, can we have a break here? I feel as though I sound like a grump - as if I am all "screw love." It is not that, it is just exhausting to have to celebrate one. more. thing.

Do you all do anything special for the big V-Day? I guess we typically go out to dinner, but nothing more beyond that. We also have never celebrated an anniversary. Again - just another "thing" to do. After ten years of dating, I guess I am of the mindset that it is not about the big gestures (candy, presents, etc.), but rather more about the day to day. I don't like the idea of getting flowers because you are expected to - I like getting them because someone saw flowers and thought I would like them.

Sorry to be grouchy - this gloomy Monday morning must be getting to me.


[image: the lovely Rae Dunn]

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

We don't really do anything for Valentines. When we got together I was a waitress and working on Valentines makes you hate "love." Valentines is also crazy for Scott since he works retail. The great thing about Vday at our house is I get the leftover Trader Joes flowers!! Scott brings home tons of roses (if they don't sell out) for Valentines.

I agree. All the Vday stuff out already - I can't handle it. I am enjoying the time away from holidays for a bit....

Anonymous said...

We have a kid about to turn three on Valentines. We will be awash with pink, red and orange hearts, but actual romance? No siree.

CathyP said...

We always are either apart, or we have to cancel our plans. My best v-days have been when we stay in, drink champers and eat something fun like fondue :) xo