Thursday, April 29

Flicker

Not exactly a "peek into my weekend," but rather more of a "peek into my evening." As often happens here in Telluride - last night we had one of our epic power outages. High winds & snow caused something to go down and the lights to go out. Luckily, we had made dinner just in time (we have an electric stove sadly), so we just plopped ourselves down and had a candlelight dinner - something we wouldn't have done on a random Wednesday night had the power been on. Justin decided to get all "artsy" with the camera - so, enjoy.

We have one of those "star" lamps that I bought in Tucson before graduating from college. It hangs above our dining room table. Justin loved the way the candles played off the glass.
(sorry about the pepper grinder in the shot)

A little grainy - sorry - but the shadows were cool.

Lots of candles and lots of wine.

Dear internet & television, I miss you.
(ps. the power finally went back on around midnight)
And now - today - it is blizzarding. Seriously, I need Spring to get here immediately.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

S- These pics are wonderful. Love the star lamp. This looks lovely. Maybe I will stage a black out in our house. So hard to give up the internet, TV and light....but I think that the candles and wine sounds quite nice. :)