Thursday, June 18

I'm in Crested Butte...

Sorry for being such a bad, bad poster recently. Life has been beyond hectic lately and there just aren't enough hours in the day sometimes to post to my favorite blog! Anyway, I am currently in Crested Butte to attend a non-profit conference to see if I can't drum up a little funding for the Pinhead Institute. I am here with a couple of girls from another Telluride non-profit (Ah Haa School for the Arts) and we are having a great time exploring all there is to offer here in Crested Butte. This town is so very cute & I think I may have found the perfect location for a store - should you all want to move to the middle of the mountains. Though I love Telluride, I am totally digging Crested Butte right now & here is why...

This is where we are staying - LOVE IT. The inside is so adorable - check out the images online. Have you guys ever used VRBO? I think it may be my new favorite vacation website.

Cute downtown.

Our new shop location?

I loved these plates at Milky Way - too cute.

Kirsten shows us how her custom made ice cream sandwich (macadamia nut cookie with mint chocolate chip ice cream) from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory is - in fact- nearly as big as her head. Note - she did not finish it.

I love these lights - but the $200+ price not so much.

We did more than just work & shop. We also headed up to Lake Irwin right outside of town for a short walk. Wish you girls were here!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

These pics are amazing! Looks like such a cute place! Yes - have used VRBO - for when we go to Rocky Point. We have had good luck with it. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I am going home sick today - got sick in Omaha. Ugh. Overall good time though!