Wednesday, June 3

Doilies

So, what are your thoughts on the doily trend? My grandmother passed away last fall & I inherited a seemingly endless supply of doilies. I remember them dripping off of tables, chair backs, and (god love her) on top of the T.V. They always seemed so fussy & unnecessary to me - kind of like tchotchkes. I am now seeing them all over design blogs - "repurposed" in more modern ways. Even framed - like above - for a more modern context, they still seem "old fashioned" to me. Any thoughts?

3 comments:

CathyP said...

I like them...the image above is really great. I think it would depend on how you framed them...all the same shape, or varied like above. Also where you put them..in a "living room" might be a little contrived, but over a bed or in a bathroom it would be sort of unexpected?

Rebecca said...

I like them too. Maybe in a sunroom, or change it up and have different colors behind each one?

Sonchia said...

Different color backgrounds. Now that I think might work...may make it less "fussy" in my mind. Hmmmm.