Monday, June 1

I want my Domino!


I don't know about you guys, but I am on the search for the new "Domino" in my life....I read basically every shelter magazine because they are laying around the office, but I used to really only pay attention to Domino...I took her advice to heart.
This month I have found some really nice images/ideas/inspirations in House Beautiful (which I generally read), and Better Homes and Gardens (which I don't generally read).
Favorite find in House Beautiful: "Wallpaper Destinations" Imagine in a small bathroom, or the backing of shelves, drawer liners... (click it to see it larger)





BHG: I have not read this magazine in ages (thought it was for old mom's)...not the case at all. It is sort of like Real Simple with better recipes. Also they have shout-outs to smittenkitchen, Toss Designs, and loads of other sites/blogs that I regularly stalk. I was really surprised....the website however, totally overwhelming can't find any of the pics....whatever




I still want my Domino... ugh.









2 comments:

Sonchia said...

For both of you girlies...I still have a ton of Domino & Blueprint (sigh) back issues if you ever want to borrow any. Justin used to get so mad at my stacks of magazines, but now that so many are out of print, it is like a little library in our house. I love that I saved all of these now.

I too have not found an adequate replacement for Domino. Makes me so sad. Do you know they are honoring my subscription with Glamor now? So not a viable alternative.

Thank goodness for design blogs (like ours!) to fill the hole that Domino has left in my heart. Good post Ciggity.

Rebecca said...

I miss Domino too. Went to bookmans and got a bunch of back issues to make myself feel better. I will have to check out BHG! Sounds way better than when I read it at my Granny's house. Sometimes I like ReadyMade. I heard Wallpaper is cool. I like Dwell but everything is out of my price range.