Friday, August 14

Keeping Clean

Hey ladies. In the spirit of "cleaning up" our blog and getting a fresh new start, I thought I would throw up a new post about keeping clean. How do you all keep your home fresh & clean? I am a very lucky girl as Justin & I equally share in keeping our condo clean. A few years ago we both noticed that after cleaning the house we would feel terribly "icky" - not how you want to feel in a "clean" environment. I would get really sick actually. We decided to change out all of our cleaning products and "go green." A friend bought me this book, which has provided great tips on keeping clean "naturally." It doesn't make cleaning any easier, but I certainly enjoy the rewards of a well kept home more without getting sick each time. Any ideas you guys would share about keeping your places clean?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am going to get this for Scott! he is a cleaning freak. Ideas on keeping places clean - marry Scott. JK. The best thing for us has been with remodeling kitchen/bathrooms (in the works) we want to think about how to make cleaning easier (under-mount sinks, big tiles in the bathroom instead of our tiny tiles now (so hard to clean!). Also trying to make habit out of when we clean to stay on top of it. Oh - and buy a good vacuum. We all have pets - so one of the best investments we made.

CathyP said...

I love Mrs.Meyer's brand of stuff. Have you guys seen it? The All Purpose Cleaner that you dilute with water cleans basically your whole house. Geranium is my favorite scent.

http://www.mrsmeyers.com/

Keith is the cleaner in our place. Sometimes I will get the itch and do it, but generally he does it. Sad but so very true. He is addicted to Swiffers.

Anna Handy said...

Hi Sonchia! You ladies have a very pretty blog.

I was raving to Kirsten about a book I came across the other day, The Naturally Clean Home by Karyn Siegel-Maier. She told me to check out your blog, since you're of this mindset too. Plus, so many fun things to look at here!

I don't like using chemicals either, but I'm really serious about keeping a clean house. I find that baking soda has a million uses (pour it down the drain followed by boiling water to clean impurities out of the pipes) -- so do lemon juice and vinegar. I bet the Arm&Hammer baking soda book would be great for cleaning tips too! I will buy this organic housekeeping book.

xo Anna