Friday, March 12

Craigslist Challenge




I have been on the hunt - for weeks now - for a new Dining Room table. You may remember my current table, which was a temporary solution for when we moved to Telluride...five years ago. I had a burlap table skirt made to cover an old patio table & we bought some cheap IKEA chairs to finish the look. This "quick fix" has been working fine for a while now, but during a recent dance party at the casa, some major spillage occurred ruining the top of the burlap table skirt (who knew vodka gimlets could stain?). It was bound to happen.


This "accident" has forced me to start looking for "real" tables for our space. I have been looking at new tables, old tables - you name it, I have seen it. I have also been scouring our regional Craigslist too - which sucks! So, imagine my delight when Jenny from My Favorite and My Best posted that she would help anyone who emailed her to find what they were looking for on Craigslist. Done. Challenge on.


It was agreed that - in fact - my local/regional Craigslist options do suck big time. So, she scoured the web and found me some options in Denver. I will have to do some calling, bargining, and possibly a trip up to the big city of Denver here soon as she found some great options. Check them out here - let me know what you think. I am thrilled.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

This is SO SO FUN! I like the idea of modern table with more traditional chairs or mixing it up. The pendant light - awesome. WOW! Love Jenny's ideas. The pic you posted here of the white chairs and table - WOW and WOW. Denver road trip!!!

MFAMB said...

it was totes funballs! but also hard effing work. you better get something or i will lick your face after i eat an onion sandwich.

Sonchia said...

Threat noted!