Friday, September 23

I...I...Ikea...

This evening MCB and I are off to IKEA. It will be a whirlwind shopping trip. A seven hour drive up to Denver tonight after work, shopping tomorrow morning, and then a seven hour drive back to Telluride tomorrow evening. I am exhausted already. It needs to get done though - as the big purchase will be flooring which needs to get installed Sunday.

So, I wanted to give a little sneak peak of a couple of items that will be purchased tomorrow. This is only a small sampling of what MCB is buying. Space saving items are a must as the shed is a mere 491 sq. ft.

We have been up late night every night after work painting away. The disgusting red walls are [finally] gone and it is slowly starting to come together. I promise some before and after photos once things are in a little better shape at the shed. It is going to be amazing though - can't wait to share.

In the meantime - here are some items that will be coming back with us from IKEA tomorrow.

This little locker will make a great TV stand.

I love this lamp. Hotness.

The bedroom is the tiniest bedroom I think I have ever seen in my life. It will hold a bed. Period. So, this little headboard number will at least give MCB some "nightstand-like" shelves. I can't wait to see it installed.

I saw this bed in a NYT article and thought it was genius. MCB's new bedroom is too small to pull drawers or anything like that from the sides. So, this is the best way to store stuff. I cannot wait to see this thing in action. Such a smart idea IKEA.


And this. This will go up in the kitchen. Mostly it will be down I suspect. But, the great part is that when it is down, it creates a little shelf. I think this is where keys and such will tossed.

Hmm - interesting that everything I am posting is white. Weird. I swear there will be color.
You will just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Love! There is a blog about small houses/spaces - will have to find for inspiration for Matt's place. Love IKEA for storage ideas and that lamp = lovely!!! Can't wait to hear about all the loot. I usually can't help walking out with paper napkins, some random kitchen utensil and tea lights every time I go....